Title: Vice President Engineering
Company: GreenFire Energy Inc.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: GreenFire Energy is located in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA, but the principal work location can be discussed. Some travel will be required.
Compensation: Competitive salary, employee stock options
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org . Put “Vice President Engineering” in the subject line.
GreenFire Energy builds geothermal power projects worldwide using proprietary “GreenLoop” technology. GreenLoop requires sophisticated site-specific engineering to optimize power generation from a wide spectrum of geothermal resources. The Vice President of Engineering will be responsible to manage both the mechanical and process engineering teams to provide initial assessments, bid preparation, and detailed designs.
As an important member of the GreenFire Energy management team, the VP Engineering reports to the CEO and coordinates with the VP Project Development and CTO as required.
- Manage GreenFire engineering team
- Recruit, train and manage qualified engineers
- Create engineering standards and procedures for commercial projects
- Formulate and adhere to approved engineering department budgets
- Perform engineering project management
- At the direction of the CEO and in cooperation with the VP Development and Chief Modeling Engineer, manage all engineering of GreenFire Energy power projects.
- Use GreenFire Energy proprietary modeling tools to assess the technical viability of proposed GreenFire Energy commercial projects
- Perform initial engineering sufficient to create accurate project cost and time estimates
- Cooperate with the management team to prepare bid proposals for projects
Education and Experience
Masters or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or related field, and at least 15 years of experience in project engineering management, geothermal energy, drilling technologies, power production, or similar industrial applications, preferably with some experience in the geothermal or oil and gas industry.
- Ability to actively lead, inspire and motivate engineering team to design economic, commercial projects, and complete projects on time and on budget
- Ability to travel frequently, both domestically and internationally
- Ability to clearly articulate technical issues and associated options for resolution
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Strong writing and presentation skills
About GreenFire Energy Inc.
GreenFire Energy develops and implements innovative geothermal technology to accelerate the world’s transition to clean, continuous renewable energy. GreenFire’s GreenLoop™ is closed-loop geothermal technology that extracts and transports heat from deep in the earth to be used for geothermal power generation. GreenFire Energy delivers fast, low-cost, and high ROI geothermal retrofit, expansion, and greenfield projects. This scalable business model has led to commercial relationships with many of the world’s premier geothermal operators.
GreenFire Energy’s technology has been developed with grants from the U.S. Department of Energy, the California Energy Commission, and research conducted with U.S. National Laboratories, major universities, and eminent experts. The company has extensive international patents. GreenFire Energy is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area in California, USA. www.greenfireenergy.com