Title: Reservoir Engineer
Company: GreenFire Energy Inc.
Reports to: Chief Modeling Engineer
Location: GreenFire Energy is located in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA, but the principal work location can be discussed. Some travel will be required.
Compensation: Competitive salary, employee stock options
Contact: email@example.com . Put “Reservoir Engineer” in the subject line.
GreenFire Energy designs and builds geothermal power projects worldwide using its proprietary closed-loop geothermal technology (“GreenLoop”). GreenLoop requires sophisticated site-specific design and engineering to optimize power generation from a wide spectrum of geothermal resources.
The Reservoir Engineer will carry out field and reservoir studies as a part of an integrated team and perform reservoir engineering functions including production forecasting, thermo hydraulic modeling, and economic analysis of GreenFire Energy’s “GreenLoop” technology. Accurate feedzone modeling is expected to be performed in both fractured as well as porous media dominated geothermal reservoirs. The results will then be used for modeling optimization and customer proposals; e.g., power costs, material costs, O&M costs, and LCOE calculations.
- Work with customer personnel to obtain reservoir data, analyze well logs and well test, and develop conceptual reservoir models. This process may include travel to customer sites.
- Understand, update, modify, optimize, and advance the company’s existing geothermal reservoir engineering capabilities.
- Develop numerical models for static and dynamic conditions by either discretizing the reservoir domain in three dimensions (Finite Element Method), or by employing other computationally less expensive semi-analytical techniques.
- Conduct thermal hydraulic simulations on reservoir engineering suites such as ITOUGH2/Eclipse/ Petrel or other open-source environments.
- Develop and leverage new reservoir engineering technologies to support business solutions.
- Assist in the evaluation effects of any corrective action or change in field operations considering power generation and long-term resource planning.
- Analyze performance of injection and production wells, diagnose problems, propose improvements, plan remedial action, and assist with permitting and execution of the work.
- Analyze pressure transient tests and perform history matching.
- Participate in the preparation of additional methods and system patents to capture advances in the company’s technology.
- Master’s, Ph.D., or Post-Doctoral candidates in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Applied Computer Science or any other closely related field.
- Exceptional quantitative skills with demonstrated experience in reservoir performance prediction, asset development, depletion planning, and reservoir optimization.
- Ability to interpret turbulent multi-phase porous media and fractured reservoir flows.
- Advanced proficiency in coding languages such as Python/Matlab/R/Fortran or equivalent languages.
- Ability to run reservoir simulations on ITOUGH2 (preferred, but not necessary).
- Demonstrated experience in hard coding and supervised and unsupervised machine learning.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
About GreenFire Energy Inc.
GreenFire Energy develops and implements innovative geothermal technology to accelerate the world’s transition to clean, continuous renewable energy. GreenFire’s GreenLoop™ is closed-loop geothermal technology that extracts and transports heat from deep in the earth to be used for geothermal power generation. GreenFire Energy delivers fast, low-cost, and high ROI geothermal retrofit, expansion, and greenfield projects. This scalable business model has led to commercial relationships with many of the world’s premier geothermal operators.
GreenFire Energy’s technology has been developed with grants from the U.S. Department of Energy, the California Energy Commission, and research conducted with U.S. National Laboratories, major universities, and eminent experts. The company has extensive international patents. GreenFire Energy is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area in California, USA. www.greenfireenergy.com