Title: Process Modeling Engineer
Company: GreenFire Energy Inc.
Reports to: Chief Modeling Engineer
Location: GreenFire Energy is located in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA, but the principal work location can be discussed. Some travel will be required.
Compensation: Competitive salary, employee stock options
Contact: email@example.com . Put “Process Modeling Engineer” in the subject line.
GreenFire Energy designs and builds geothermal power projects worldwide using its proprietary closed-loop geothermal technology (“GreenLoop”). GreenLoop requires sophisticated site-specific design and engineering to optimize power generation from a wide spectrum of geothermal resources.
The Process Modeling Engineer will perform thermodynamic power cycle process modeling for GreenFire Energy’s “GreenLoop” geothermal energy systems including gas and liquid flow conditions, both downhole and at the surface. Accurate power cycle modeling will consider geophysical attributes, turbines, heat exchangers, pumps, compressors, and pipe flow. Working fluids include water, CO2, and various ORC refrigerants. Results will then be used for modeling optimization and customer proposals; e.g., power costs, material costs, O&M costs, and LCOE calculations.
- Work with customer personnel to obtain detailed well and resource information for modeling purposes. This process may include travel to customer sites.
- Understand, update, modify, optimize, and advance the Company’s existing process and financial modeling for the company’s geothermal energy systems.
- Apply the company’s modeling tools to geothermal well data provided by customers to assess the optimal configuration of equipment and processes for power generation.
- Work closely with the company’s project developers to assess project opportunities and select alternatives for customer proposals.
- Participate in the preparation of formal customer proposals and assist in the presentation and sales process for such proposals.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance all company modeling tools.
- Participate in preparation of additional method and system patents to capture advances in the company’s technology.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or any other closely related field.
- Demonstrated experience in advanced quantitative analysis and process modeling.
- Exceptionally strong analytical, process engineering, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Proficient in using programming languages such as MATLAB, Python, R.
- Experience in computational modeling (Finite Element Method), regression modeling, supervised and unsupervised learning models (preferred, but not necessary).
- Strong personal and interpersonal skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
About GreenFire Energy Inc.
GreenFire Energy develops and implements innovative geothermal technology to accelerate the world’s transition to clean, continuous renewable energy. GreenFire’s GreenLoop™ is closed-loop geothermal technology that extracts and transports heat from deep in the earth to be used for geothermal power generation. GreenFire Energy delivers fast, low-cost, and high ROI geothermal retrofit, expansion, and greenfield projects. This scalable business model has led to commercial relationships with many of the world’s premier geothermal operators.
GreenFire Energy’s technology has been developed with grants from the U.S. Department of Energy, the California Energy Commission, and research conducted with U.S. National Laboratories, major universities, and eminent experts. The company has extensive international patents. GreenFire Energy is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area in California, USA. www.greenfireenergy.com