Title: Director Mechanical Engineering
Reports to: VP Engineering and Operations
Job Location: The Company HQ is in the San Francisco Bay area, but principal work location can be discussed. Some travel to project sites will be required.
Compensation: Competitive salary, employee stock options
GreenFire Energy designs and builds geothermal power projects worldwide using its proprietary closed-loop geothermal technology (“GreenLoop”). GreenLoop requires sophisticated site-specific design and engineering to optimize power generation from a wide spectrum of geothermal resources.
The Director Mechanical Engineering is responsible to oversee the engineering of the physical components of GreenFire Energy power projects worldwide. This task will require close cooperation with the Director Process Engineering.
Manage GreenFire Energy mechanical engineering team
- Recruit, train, and effectively manage qualified mechanical engineers
- Create engineering standards and procedures for GreenLoop commercial projects
- Ensure compliance with applicable professional engineering standards
- Formulate and adhere to approved engineering department budgets
Project Engineering and Management
- At the direction of the VP of Engineering and Operations, and in cooperation with the Director Process Engineering, design, and execute approved projects
- Perform initial engineering sufficient to create accurate project cost and time estimates for both surface and subsurface components of projects
- Cooperate with the management team to prepare bid proposals for projects
- Support and collaborate with the VP of Project Development to budget, secure and execute projects
- Maintain close working relationships with contractors, suppliers, and regulatory personnel
- Engineer and manage projects to ensure the safety of all personnel and avoid environmental risks
Education and Experience
Masters or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or related field, and at least 15 years of experience in project engineering management, geothermal energy, drilling technologies, power production, or similar industrial applications, preferably with substantial experience in the geothermal or in oil and gas drilling.
- Actively lead, inspire, and motivate the engineering team to complete projects on time and under budget
- Clearly articulate technical issues and associated options for resolution
- Think and act strategically and proactively
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Fluency in English is required and fluency in one or more foreign languages of a country with substantial geothermal energy development is helpful
About GreenFire Energy Inc.
GreenFire Energy develops and implements innovative geothermal technology to accelerate the world’s transition to clean, continuous renewable energy. GreenFire’s GreenLoop™ is closed-loop geothermal technology that extracts and transports heat from deep in the earth to be used for geothermal power generation. GreenFire Energy delivers fast, low-cost, and high ROI geothermal retrofit, expansion, and greenfield projects. This scalable business model has led to commercial relationships with many of the world’s premier geothermal operators.
GreenFire Energy’s technology has been developed with grants from the U.S. Department of Energy, the California Energy Commission, and research conducted with U.S. National Laboratories, major universities, and eminent experts. The company has extensive international patents. GreenFire Energy is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area in California, USA. www.greenfireenergy.com