GreenFire Energy’s mission is to reinvent the global geothermal industry using its proprietary ECO2G™ technology. ECO2G denotes both our concern for the world ecosystem and that we are using CO2 to create the next generation geothermal technology. ECO2G makes it possible to use the very high temperatures available only in deep and impermeable rock strata that cannot be accessed by conventional technologies. The result will be commercial scale, zero emission power generation at competitive prices and with very little water consumption.
Why CO2 Geothermal?
• Geothermal energy is a vast but underutilized resource. Conventional
hydrothermal technology can access at best 2% of available geothermal
energy (Peter Geiser, 2016)
• GreenFire’s ECO2G technology exploits geothermal energy that hydrothermal
projects cannot access
• ECO2G transforms the geothermal business from semi-custom, high-risk projects
to a predictable and repetitive industrial process
• ECO2G will integrate into the “energy cloud” of the future
• ECO2G is the most environmentally benign form of grid-scale power
GreenFire Energy is a privately held development-stage company. In company with its research partners, such as Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory, GreenFire has done extensive thermodynamic and cost modeling to confirm the technical and financial viability of ECO2G. The company plans to execute a demonstration project in 2016 with commercial operations the following year.
3rd Annual Iceland Geothermal Conference (IGC)
Joe Scherer, CEO, will be giving a presentation titled "ECO2G: Closed-loop Geothermal Using Supercritical CO2"
April 26-29, 2016
For More Information About the Geothermal Industry, Please Visit the following: